Tuesday, July 24, 2007

MS Bike Tour

SOO! When I was little, our family regularly visited/stayed at our cottage on long lake. About once a year the drive to the cottage would take a little longer then usual because the MS bike tour was in progress. There was usually a couple hundred people biking from Regina to Rowan's Ravine provincial park, they would stay the night there and bike back the next day. This was to raise money for MS.

I always kinda wanted to ride but it's really really far... (160 km) Well, it seems pretty far to me.

Anyway, this year like every year before I picked up the tour pamphlet.
As it so happens, there is a new girl here at work and she and her bf also like to bike.

SO GUESS WHAT..

Yes, that it is correct.

This year the tour is from Rouleau Sk to Moose Jaw and back.
And there is one pretty big catch.....I have to raise 250 bucks.
Which will probably be harder for me then the actually biking because I am shy and I DON'T like to ask people for things. Especially money.

SO, anyway....... here is the link to the ms website. https://msors.mssociety.ca/Bike2007/Sponsor.aspx?&PID=974359&L=2 You can sponsor under the link 'pledge a cyclist'. If you feel like it (I really hope someone does) and it can be done on Visa, MasterCard etc. If you do choose to sponsor me.... any denomination will help! I just need to make the $ 250.

Also, the MS society will send tax receipts to anyone that donates over $15.00.

Thanks everyone.
Please feel sorry for my sore butt and wish me luck!
Cheers.

2 comments:

Amy.E said...

Hey! Wow! Very ambitious. Have you done some training rides yet? That will be an amazing experience. I'll check out the donation stuff when I'm home. Good Luck! Nice to see you posting again:)

Madame Bluestocking said...

So impressed - I'll visit the donation site for sure! Good luck!