Saturday, February 24, 2007

Take it for what it's worth, take it with a grain of salt.

Purpose:

Life must have purpose, it must have meaning it must have substance.
I believe that to find true happiness you must come to peace with what your purpose is. What do you hope to achieve in your life? When you are at deaths door; what can you look back on that will make you say ‘it was worth it’? What will be the ending to your phrase, “my life was well lived because …”. Some will say, “I raised a beautiful family” or “I found the cure for…” or “I helped the needy” or “I lived God‘s will”.


This may sound like a terrible cliché but…
You only live once and life is so short. Don’t put off today what you can do tomorrow because you don’t know if tomorrow will come. Regret nothing, only learn from your mistakes and always move forward. Leave no rock unturned, fill you life with meaning, love to the fullest and find happiness.


To the person who commented on being a cruise ship - get off at every port and explore even if you leave with diarrhea you will have a better world view. Each port explored will mean a better ability to ‘walk a mile in someone else’s shoes’.

I will not look back with regret, only forward with more knowledge and wisdom. I will make better choices because I will learn from my imperfect experiences. I will search for purpose. I will live my life not according to the standards and expectations of others.
I will not marry to be married.
I will not learn to be educated.
I will not work to be rich.
I will seek purpose and if I become married, educated and have financial wealth then I will be richer then I could dream. And if I do not marry, learn or accumulate wealth then I will still have had purpose.


BECAUSE:

To have no purpose is to have no direction. No direction, to me, means to be unhappy and unfulfilled.
You can have purpose and lack direction but you cannot have direction with no purpose.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.... I could not have said it better even if "I" had figured it out. Please keep writing. You have deep thoughts and they are a pleasure to ponder.

Anonymous said...

I read and re-read your postings. I learn from what you write...and wonder and think about my personal situation, my personal cruise ship, with passengers..... currently navigating rough and stormy waters.
Please keep writing...

familymclean said...

So deep.

Anonymous said...

Will you really know if you have fulfilled your purpose until you meet your Maker?

Madame Bluestocking said...

Wow... I can barely think of myself as an adult, so it's weird that you're one. I love what you write. I think we have a lot in common...

Anonymous said...

huh...??

Anonymous said...

a female ive been going out with for the last month has told me she isnt looking to settle down and i should take it for what its worth... any insite to this?

bdsm branding stories said...

He could be injured. Sheteased, and with her spare hand began to caress my breasts again.
young lesbain sex stories
true sex incest stories
bdsm branding stories
bare butt spanking stories
nifty erotic gay stories archive
He could be injured. Sheteased, and with her spare hand began to caress my breasts again.