Tuesday, February 6, 2007

U of R Parking.

Remember when I wrote about the lack of parking space, the purchase of parking passes and the rough and dangerous terrain U of R students are subjected to? Well if any of you thought to be worried about my safety; it was well justified.

While at work today, I received an URGENT SECURITY NOTICE from the manager of campus security. This urgent notice was to inform me that I should not hike the long difficult terrain alone tonight. They suggested that I call 585-5600 and get a 'walk along' partner. Why?

Well - it seems that today while an unsuspecting U of R student was bravely battling the elements and topography, passing through a valley of snow, he was preyed upon by some bandits.

And, while this is most likely (they haven't found any bodies yet) an isolated incident; campus security is recommending that we take precautions.

I wish that I could find a parking spot with my parking pass close (at least within 2 km) to the U of R. That might significantly reduce the risks of me being mugged and beaten tonight.

But I know (now that they sent out this email) that every parking spot will be filled by 6:15. I will have rushed from work in vain, to be caught in the never-ending circling about.... and when I can't find a spot.... I will once again dig into my (increasingly shallow) pocket and spend my coffee money on paid parking.

Sincerest sympathy to the gentleman who was robbed and beaten at knife point. I wish for him some extra change so he too can afford to pay parking.

2 comments:

familymclean said...

I'll collect some coinage for you, and pray!!!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Yikes! Stay safe!