Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Master Cleanser

Well. Today I am starting this crazy lemonade diet called the master cleanser.
Really it's probably one of the dumber things that I have done. BUT. Maybe it will actually turn out to be a good thing. There is only one problem and that is that you can't eat. And by can't eat I mean nothing, nada, zilch, zero, naught, nil... nothing.

I keep telling myself that this is actually a good thing. That it will teach me that mind can be stronger then matter and that when it is done, I will feel really good.

All I really want is a pickle. Ok, make that 5 pickles. Pickled beets, picked asparagus, picked beets, picked beans, sweet pickles, sour pickles, dills, garlic dills... whatever, I want it.

Anyway, I figured that since I haven't had much to say lately, that this would be a good way for me to get back into it. I would simply relate my experience of how this diet is going to you. I also figured that it would be a good way to keep myself motivated. Maybe, I will actually be able to last the 10 days if I am telling you about it.

So to start off - I will tell you exactly what it is you do.
You drink lemonade 6 to 12 times a day.

Recipe:
2 tbsp organic fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp organic grade b dark maple syrup
1/10 tsp cayenne pepper
Water


So here it goes.
Day 1
9:15 am - mix and drink 1 cup. I am at work so I put it in a traveler’s mug and drink it over the next 45 minutes.
1:00 - I have been reading on the internet a woman’s account/experience of the master cleanse and am beginning to worry. It sounds difficult and painful. (she had lip and breast implants) Go home for lunch and decide to make the lemonade into a smoothie.
2:30 - Back at work drinking another cup of warm lemonade. Wonder what I should have for supper. HMMM.
I am worried that I may not be able to drink 7 glasses a day. (it’s 3 and I am still not done my third) I am feeling tired. Not sure it’s because I haven’t eaten or because I was up at 3:30 last night not able to sleep.

3 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Sounds interesting. I think a juice diet would be hard. I like chewing things. Your list of pickles made my mouth water SO bad! I am dieting right now too, and walking 3 miles a day. Recently I have started jogging for 5 yards/houses and then walking until I can catch my breath, and starting up with the jogging again. I'm out of shape!! But I do it just to get my heart rate up and maybe help the process go a little faster. I've lost 10 lbs so far.

familymclean said...

Willpower! You can do it, you have to now!

Anonymous said...

http://www.veoh.com/channels/lhpc