Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Corporate Finance - Again

Remember when I used to post in Corporate Finance? Well, for a while, that dropped off and I actually tried to pay attention in class.

It's Tuesday night at 8:05 and I am in corporate finance. And yes I am posting... The reason? The Professor we have had for the beginning of the semester left.

So you might ask yourself - did they not replace the prof that left? I have been asking myself that too!! And I have come to the conclusion that yes... they did replace him... BUT WHY OH WHY did they have to ask the Janitor to fill in?

It drives me crazy that they hire sooooo many professors that cannot speak English. (no exaggeration)

My question is this.... Does the Dean of Business think that all people who cannot speak English are qualified for 'professorship'? (there are a lot lately) Does he hire cheap labour from other countries? OR - Does he simply value equal opportunity for employment more then the education of students in his faculty?

This is what I know - I don't pay for school to come and sit in a class room with a professor that cannot speak English. I don't like paying for an education that I can't understand... I want to come to class to learn (if I chose to) and not have to study the text book for hours because I couldn't understand the prof.

THIS IS FINANCE - NOT CULTURE 100.

Many Canadians (on a daily basis) go overseas to teach English. Why? To live in another country and to make money. Just as many people are coming from overseas to work in the University of Regina... I ask you this.... Does multiculturalism have to come with such a high expense?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head Feed your head Feed your head

familymclean said...

It shouldn't.